Skip to content
- Come 10 minutes early to assist the Sergeant at Arms in Greeting visitors and members.
- Stand by the entry way into the meeting room and remain there until the meeting begins.
- Smile and welcome everyone as they enter. Consider handing out member’s name tags.
- Pay special attention to guests and new members.
- Ask guests the following questions: “What can Toastmasters do for you?” “How did you find our club?”
- Guard against telling guest what Toastmasters can do for them before asking questions to determining what they are looking for from Toastmasters.
- Give the guests a name tag. Ask them to sign the guest book and fill out the Visitors Form.
- See that the guest is seated next to an established Toastmaster who can inform the guest about the meeting’s proceedings.
- Inform presiding officer of guests name before meeting begins.